Sunday, March 20, 2011

A language learner

I can speak Chinese and English.  Chinese is my mother tongue, and I still learning English in LAGCC now.  To study English is a difficult thing for me.  When I was in China, I had to study English in class; it was important class, just like math.  But I didn’t study well, because I wasn’t hard-working in English.  I repented why I didn’t study English well, because I am living in America now.  There are so different between Chinese and English, such as pronunciation, grammar and write.  In other hand, there are too many words to express same meaning.  It means if you want to study English well, you have to remember a lot of words.  I know it’s necessary to remember words when you studied a new language.  But it’s really hard.  There is no doubt that I prefer to use Chinese rather than use English to read a book, to write a letter or to watch movies.  I know it can’t improve my English if I always use Chinese, so I try my best to practice my English in school and in my life.  I can understand what people are talking about when they are speaking English, but I still couldn’t converse with others by speaking English.  In a word, I strive to become a English speaker, I would try my best to get it.

6 comments:

  1. I think English is difficult to learn and I didn’t study well too, but never too old to learn, never too late to turn. Refuel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are from same couny, and i know English is very hard to learn by us, but when we choose live there for long times or forever, we must to study and to learn it. Anyways,if we want to integrate into America, Don't give up when you feel hard, because you will be successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We will keep reading and writing in English during the class to help you continue your path to learning English!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think so, English is not easy to learn. and i problem show like vocabulary and grammar so when i talk to people i always think not easy because i have to consider what i want to talk about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To every immigrant, it is a hard time, it will be better after our striving, keep striving, practice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A new language its difficult to understand , and i already know whats the feeling of the hardest thing as learn English as the second language.i hope you windy to learn the English how you're expecting to know the language

    ReplyDelete